According to a national online survey conducted in June, Americans who drink alcohol are more likely to share their BAC results than keep it to themselves.
Other key findings from the survey:
- 75% of Americans responding to the survey consume alcohol at least once per month
- If shown to be above the legal limit in a bar, 89% of American drinkers would call a cab or friend for a ride home
- Yet 44% of respondents drinking more than four drinks in one night admit to making poor choices
- 7 out of 10 American drinkers think owning a breathalyzer would allow them to gauge when they’ve had enough to drink
- Over 80% of respondents view a breathalyzer as a serious, decision-making tool
- To avoid a run-in with the law, regular drinkers are twice as likely to purchase a breathalyzer than a radar detector
- 4 out of 5 respondents are willing to share their BAC with others
- But only 20% would keep it to themselves
For a full report on all the insights we gathered from this survey, view our survey results page.