BACtrack Survey Results
Methodology: n= 1,012 respondents. All U.S. adults aged 21+
When: June 17, 2013
- Three quarters of Americans consume alcohol at least once a month.
Drinking and Breathalyzer Perceptions
- 7 out of 10 American drinkers believe owning a breathalyzer would allow them to gauge when they have had enough to drink.
- Two-thirds of drinkers believe owning a breathalyzer would lower their risk of getting a DUI.
- Most U.S. drinkers are interested in owning a breathalyzer for personal use.
- When drinking, nearly half of American drinkers typically consume 4 or more alcoholic beverages
Greatest Benefit of Owning a Breathalyzer
Sharing Breathalyzer Results
- Americans are most likely to share breathalyzer results with their significant other and/or friends
- 1 out of 5 U.S. drinkers wouldn't share their breathalyzer results with anybody.
Above the Limit
- If Americans used a breathalyzer and found out that their BAC was above the legal limit, most would call a cab or friend to bring them home rather than driving home from the bar themselves.
- 6% claimed they would still drive home despite being over the legal limit.
The raw data from our survey is available for download here.