Everyone can have a moment of weakness where they lose their cool—that’s human. But when an employee blows up too frequently or begins to act irrationally on a regular basis, it may be time to consider whether or not alcohol or other substances are at play.
An employee who drinks too much at work, at lunch, or even the night before coming to work can create issues throughout an organization. Whether through absenteeism, poor performance, or inappropriate behavior when interacting with other employees or clients, this can impact the morale of the whole company and negatively affect your corporate image.
If you suspect alcohol may be a factor in the behavior of your employees, there’s only one way to be sure. Knowing that the safety of your employees and customers is at stake--not to mention your company’s reputation—many have turned to BACtrack breathalyzers for a quick and discreet method of testing alcohol levels on the job. Less costly and invasive than a blood test, and more convenient and reliable than a urine test, breath alcohol testing offers a fast and accurate way to estimate BAC levels—and gives you as an employer a reason to confront the employee regarding these behaviors.
When Drinking is the Norm
As the popular television show Mad Men exhibits, drinking on the job is nothing new. And today, advertising agencies aren’t the only places that serve alcohol on the premises. From creative firms and tech startups to big businesses building a little “team spirit,” many companies have instituted periodic happy hours or provide access to booze to take the sting out of long workdays or weekend shifts. But when people are irresponsible about their consumption, or are planning on operating a vehicle afterwards, a breathalyzer becomes a critical tool to ensure the safety of the employees.
BACtrack professional breathalyzers are increasingly used in these environments to protect businesses from potential liability issues. They offer employers a discrete and accurate tool for monitoring alcohol consumption, and prevent employees and customers from endangering themselves and the public safety.
When Testing is Part of the Job
Organizations and individuals that demand the highest standards of accuracy and sensitivity in blood alcohol content (BAC) testing rely on BACtrack’s line of professional-grade breathalyzers. Designed for maximum comfort, convenience, and accuracy, BACtrack professional-grade breathalyzers
are used in a wide variety of industries and settings to measure BAC:
- Law Enforcement - Roadside breath testing is the most common method used by law enforcement to measure the BAC levels. BACtrack professional breathalyzers are lightweight, portable, and provide immediate accuracy.
- Hospitals and Clinics - BACtrack professional breathalyzers may be used to test patients’ BAC levels in hospitals and as a monitoring tool to support efforts to curb alcohol consumption in clinics and recovery centers.
- New Hires - Employee hiring can be contingent upon passing pre-employment alcohol tests as permitted by state law. Small, discreet, and accurate, BACtrack professional breathalyzers are perfect for this application.
- Restaurants, Bars, Breweries and
Vineyards - Breathalyzers offer employers a discrete and accurate method for monitoring customer and employee alcohol consumption, and
prevent them from endangering themselves and the public safety.
- High Schools and Universities - Breath alcohol testing has been used to discourage underage college students from drinking on campus, and to deter high school students and student-athletes from drinking before or during school-sponsored events.
BACtrack professional breathalyzers offer an extremely high level of BAC testing accuracy and sensitivity, and are the alcohol testing devices of choice in situations that demand trusted results. Get in the habit of monitoring employees’ BAC levels with a breathalyzer in order to raise awareness in your organization and prevent a costly and potentially fatal mistake.
Updated January 2013 by BACtrack.com
© 2013 BACtrack