What do I need to use BACtrack View?
Anyone taking breath alcohol tests will need a BACtrack Mobile breathalyzer and an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch). Anyone monitoring someone’s BAC results or viewing verified BAC results will need an iOS device only.
Can I use my own breathalyzer?
BACtrack View is only compatible with BACtrack Mobile. If you have your own BACtrack Mobile, you are welcome to use it with BACtrack View. Contact us if you’d like to use BACtrack View, but need a BACtrack Mobile unit.
Which smartphone devices are BACtrack View compatible with?
For now, BACtrack View is compatible with all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, iPod touch) running iOS 8.0 and up. We will support Android devices in early 2017.
Is there a fee to use BACtrack View?
For a limited time only, BACtrack View is $49.99 per month, or less than $2 per day for alcohol monitoring. There are no activation fees or contracts.
How do I get the free two-week trial?
Is there a contract?
There are no contracts nor activation fees. Start and stop using BACtrack View at your convenience.
How do I add a 'Connection,' someone that can view my results?
- From the BACtrack View app, tap on the blue plus symbol at the top right corner to add a Connection.
- You’ll then be prompted to invite a Connection via email. All Connections will require an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch with iOS 8.0 and higher) and the BACtrack View app, which they can get from the App Store.
- Tap “Invite to Connect.” Your requested Connection will receive an email to create a BACtrack View account to monitor you. Once they’ve created an account, they’ll be able to view all of your BAC results.
Note: Connections may view a user’s BAC results, as well as prompt an on-demand BAC tests, but they cannot schedule tests; only the person monitoring (or in the case of self-testing, you) may do so.
How does my Connection view my readings?
Your Connection opens the BACtrack View app and will see your results on the main app screen once they’ve created an account for the first time or logged in.
How do I begin testing someone?
- Once logged in, choose “Connections” from the menu on the bottom of the screen, then tap “Start Testing BAC. Set someone up with a BACtrack.” Next, choose “Somebody Else.”
- Enter the name and email of the person you are monitoring, and he or she will receive an email invitation to participate in BACtrack View testing.
- Next, the person will need to accept the email invite, and he or she will be prompted to create a BACtrack View account. After the account is created, you will see his or her name on your Connections page. See the question below to set up a testing schedule.
How do I set up a testing schedule for someone?
- Once initial setup is complete, you can request on ondemand BAC tests or enable random testing. For on demand testing, click the blue ‘Request BAC Test” button at any time. This will send a notification to the person you are monitoring to take a BAC test.
- For random testing, you can set a specified range of time for tests. Tap the times displayed on the screen to set the time period during which you want to receive a random test. Then, select the days of the week to add/delete days.
Why is only random testing available? Why can't I set up specific testing times?
Testing is random so that individuals cannot plan their alcohol consumption around known testing times. A person can be monitored during a specific time range on specific days or everyday during the same period. There’s a great deal of flexibility, as well as the option for on-demand testing.
Can I monitor/be monitored by multiple people?
Only one person can set up a testing schedule for a given person being monitored, but multiple people (‘Connections’) can view results and send requests for on-demand testing. For self testing, you may invite multiple people to view your results by adding them as Connections.
How long does the person I am monitoring have to take a test once they’ve received a request?
A person you are monitoring has 55 minutes to test from the first notification. If a person receives a notification to test and does not take a test, he or she will receive a ‘Final Reminder’ notification after 15 minutes; a ‘Missed Test’ notification is sent 40 minutes later (55 minutes after the initial test).
Can this time period be changed?
At this time, timing may not be customized. We hope to add customization options going forward.