All breathalyzers need to be calibrated periodically to maintain accuracy--it's a part of keeping the device in good working order. You can think about it like changing the motor oil in your car; after using your vehicle for a certain amount of time, you have to change the oil in order for the engine to run smoothly.
The instructions on this page are for calibrations paid for with a debit or credit card, which is the most expedient way. To pay by check, click here to find out how. Note: paying by check will delay the processing time by three or more additional business days.
Our calibration service has been rated 4.8 out of 5 by 158 customers.
When to Get your Unit Calibrated
If your product is providing inconsistent test results, is not providing any test results, or provides unusually high or low test results, the product should be re-calibrated immediately by a trained professional. Not calibrating the unit per the suggested time frames can harm the sensor.
BACtrack recommends that you calibrate your breathalyzer at least every 6-12 months, depending on the performance you observe and require. If the product is used every day, it may need to be re-calibrated more frequently.
If you have a question about how your breathalyzer is behaving, read this article about knowing when your product needs re-calibration, or contact BACtrack Customer Service.
How to Get your Breathalyzer Calibrated1. Choose the model of BACtrack breathalyzer from the drop down box. Note: if you are getting more than one model of breathalyzer calibrated, simply choose one of them from the drop down menu. The price is the same for all units--$19.99 per unit.
2. Place the order for the calibration from this page. Serial numbers can be found in the breathalyzer's battery compartment. If you don't know the exact date of purchase, you may estimate it. These numbers are just for reference.
3. You will receive a emailed receipt immediately, which will include the shipping instructions. Print this email out and include with your unit. For reference our shipping address is:
BACtrack Breathalyzers / KHN Solutions
300 Broadway, Ste 26
300 Broadway, Ste 26
San Francisco, CA 94133
4. Carefully package the unit in either a small box or padded envelope. Include in the package the order confirmation email. (You do not need to include any calibration order forms--just the printed email). To ensure delivery and tracking of your unit, we recommend that you obtain delivery confirmation with the shipment.
5. Your product will be re-calibrated and shipped back to you in five business days. The Calibration Payment covers service on the product. Return shipment is paid by BACtrack as a courtesy.
6. Your credit card will be charged after the product is received and calibration service is performed.
About Breathalyzer Calibration
The BACtrack calibration process is a delicate one, requiring a trained lab technician in a controlled environment. Known alcohol concentrations are passed through the sensor to set baseline values for testing. Technicians ensure the unit’s accuracy at all levels of intoxication.
But that’s not all you get with a BACtrack calibration. We also run each unit through a full diagnostic test, which includes a mechanical check, an air flow check, and an accuracy check. When the unit is calibrated and passes all these inspection points, only then do we send it back to you.
If it fails any of these standards and we can’t repair it, customer service will work to get you a replacement--free of charge if it falls under our standard one-year warranty.